Saturday, April 04, 2009

...

It's the start of the biggest week in the cycling calender, for anyone into the one-day Classics, and what am I doing? No, not out riding in the sun but watching bad daytime films on channel 5.
Instead of riding this morning I dropped off the sum of parts that when assembled will become Katherine's new singlespeed bicycle. The rest of the day has been spent walking into York to read the cycling magazines in Borders and then getting out fast before it got too busy.
I never found a place to watch the Tour of Flanders tomorrow so I have decided ride instead. Probably just a steady trip out to the hills, with a cafe stop (as is tradition in English cycling) and hopefully end up with at least 70 miles on the clock.
My prediction for tomorrow: another Belgian winner in the Tour of Flanders.