Friday, June 01, 2012

What if....

we were all honest, all of the time. If all communication was face to face and all lessons were learnt though experience rather than reading opinion.

What if bragging and envy didn't exist? What would we say?

When we organise something we take responsibility for other people, yet at the same time aren't we all adults? Does ego overtake our self-protection instinct? I don't think I'm particularly different from anyone but I have less of a problem with being different than many of my peers. I also refuse to suffer for anyone's ideals other than my own. Why should I, being your own person gives you choice, sometimes I choose not to go along with what other people think.

I've been getting an insight into road racing at both ends of the spectrum this week. From those who make money from it and are good enough to be at the sharp end of National races to others who in their own reluctance to race choose to make fun of a few people who do. In choosing not to race this year I've lost a level of fitness I had last year, that said I feel better this year than last. From January to May last year I did at least three turbo sessions a week, on an evening after a day at work and often after commuting 25 miles too. This year I'm riding because I want to and loving it because it's less serious, less structured and has gone back to the release it has always been. The turbo hasn't gone and it will be back, just not for a while.


I like the sounds in this video.