Monday, February 11, 2008

Don't mess...

...with the cyclists of York, we stick together and together we will get you.

I have just witnessed some disgusting behaviour. I managed to miss what actually started everything but as I looked up the road on Skeldergate Bridge I saw a fat taxi driver stop in the middle of the road, jump out of his car and start swearing at a cyclist who had stopped on the pavement. At this point the driver pushed the guy on the bike to the ground and continued the abuse.
By now a few people were watching the situation unfold. It was only after the cars lined up behind the abandoned taxi got impatient did he get back in and drive off, all the time continuing the abuse.
Not being a fan of bullies, dickheads or taxi drivers and having being blessed with a crazy good memory, I remembered the guy's number plate on my way to see if the cyclist was alright. Another guy on a bike had witnessed the whole thing and came over, along with a pedestrian. The poor guy was pretty shaken up but seemingly unharmed. I gave him the plate while the others said they would be witnesses for when he went to the Police.

I can't believe how the driver acted and I hope he gets what he deserves, if it had been me he had started on I think my U-Lock and his wingmirrors might have got to know each other.

This just goes to show that no matter what type of bike you ride or for what reason, bike riders need to stick together.