Monday, May 14, 2007

where everybody knows your name

Yesterday I handed in my work for the exhibition I'm a part of on wednesday night. Everything looks and feels spot on and I'm really hoping it all goes well. One thing that stuck in my mind was that the organiser remembered my name. This may not seem like a big deal but all too often little details that are important get forgotten. A lot of the time I don't accept forgetfulness as an excuse, I consider it to be rudeness. The reason is I don't forget people's names so why should others forget mine. It's a slippery slope judging other's by standards you set for yourself, and one I usually avoid, but now and again I can't help it.
Today I have a meeting with two cafe owners who would like me to hang my work on their blank walls. If everything goes ok both parties should benefit from an arrangement. By looking at the space they have and talking about what each of us want from the opportunity, a deal should be easy to come to.