Thursday, May 17, 2007

Birthdays. Same day every year.


On my back.
Originally uploaded by Paper Thin.



Things were meant to kick off on tuesday night, with "This Is England", the new Shane Meddows film, but we got confused and arrived too late to get in. Gutted, however its on tonight again at Hyde park so we're going at the right time tonight. Should be a treat as I've heard nothing but good things about it.
Wednesday, my actual birthday, did the present opening thing. All good stuff. You always get less the older you get but I think the presents get better because they're more often than not useful instead of a toy that you'll get bored off in a week. This year I got the bag (above) of my dreams, a coffee grinder and Ancorman on DVD (maybe the funniest film ever made).
I went to lunch with my parents at a little Italian in Headingley called Salvos and ate far too much but it all tasted amazing. Then at night we went to the exhibition I was a part of in Leeds. It was a very swanky event with most of the audience being barristers or solicitors. It was a great atmosphere, champagne was drank, hopefully everything sold meaning money for artist and charity a like. Afterwards, yet more Italian food, where I had a bit of birthday luck, after we left I realised they hadn't billed us for our drinks.
Wound down today by sleeping off a bad head and then trying to make Brighouse look beautiful in photographs that will be exhibited in the cafe where I'm have a solo permanent 'exhibit'.