Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Brother From Another Mother.

Starting to know the meaning of this phrase a bit clearer recently. It was funny to see you not get your own way for a change, and all because if a girl! Let's face it Ikea wasn't that bad anyway.

Recently had a big 'family do' with some both close and far relatives. Sitting down with those closest to me, listening to the laughter of children and eating enough bbq food to feed a large army... I longed for nothing in life. It made me feel like issues such as career and money mean absolutely nothing compared to family and happiness. This is where I am slowly changing as I get older. I have never wanted to be rich but have had a greedy streak that means I will milk an opportunity for all it is worth. I have no debt and owe nobody anything except the help in return for what has been done already, as long as I am able to provide for my own family I desire nothing more than I need.
To some people this will sound like a lack of ambition, but I want to be the best at what I do, just not make millions in the process. I am a practical person, at school I wanted to be a carpenter/craftman but I had the intellect to go further. At college I explored what it was like to be creative, but have found creativity not necessarily a career path. I am coming full circle with my desire to work with my hands, problem solve and see things take shape in front of me, and develop a set of skills that will last me throughout my entire working life.
I am ready for the hard work it takes to make dreams a reality, and I am already taking the small steps on the road to where I want to be.