Tuesday, June 26, 2007

'til tomorrow

I often think of things to do, just so I don't have to do the things I need to do, which means in english, I am very good at putting things off.
Today I have been avoiding starting to pack for the move. I took over an hour to eat a simple breakfast, I read a newspaper thats over a week old, I spent time on the internet etc. It's not that I'm not looking forward to moving it's just that sometimes if I don't have to do things straight away I'd rather not do them.
I wouldn't call myself lazy. When I have a job to do, I do it, and I make a proper job of it. I even enjoy having tasks to do and being against a deadline. I think the correct term is apathetic. I know what needs to be done but I still don't do it.
Although an argument for why I don't mind being the way I am is the things I achieve in these 'moods'. Today I have taught myself new methods on Photoshop with the help on the online guides. Other times, when some people consider me to be wasting time, I'd say I am learning. The internet is a good example of this. Hours can go by and maybe I don't achieve anything but I learn things I never knew before, so I'm happy.
Of course putting things off means I have less time left to complete the task, which can lead to stress and anger, so it's not all a bed of roses.